Apparitions are white flying creatures (black in Gemcraft Labyrinth) that fly through the map along a curved path. They are spirits of dead wizards, and are completely harmless, although they offer rewards upon destruction. In Gemcraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows, they are unlocked from Field F4 onwards. They appear randomly on the field.
In Gemcraft labyrinth, the apparitions are black, unlike in Gemcraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows, they drop 3 skill points each time one is killed. They are completely harmless in this chapter of the game. They increase their health every time they're killed.
Gemcraft Chapter 2: Chasing ShadowsEdit
In Gemcraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows, the Apparitions are white, unlike in Gemcraft Labyrinth, they drop Shadow Cores, Mana and exp. They are completely harmless in this game. They're announced by the little black noise that pops up on the screen at the launch of the waves preceding its apparition.
- After killing a high number of apparitions, they become nearly impossible to kill in Gemcraft Labyrinth at low waves.
- The apparitions are easier to kill in GC2: CS.
- Apparitions are the only flying creatures that won't attack or do malicious things.
- Apparitions can't be shot with traps, but with towers, spells and shrines.
- If you have beaten all waves, but an apparition (or a specter) is there, you will need to kill it to finish the field. (If it's an Apparition, then you can either kill it or wait until it flies away.)
- You can kill an apparition by a shrine, but be careful to use the correct shrine, and aim it correctly.
- If you meet an high shadow HP, its the best to use yellow gems in Gemcraft Labyrinth, and yellow-black in Gemcraft Chapter 2: Chasing Shadows.
- It's best to use a Beam enchantment to kill an Apparition in Gemcraft 2: Chasing Shadows.
- If you meet multiple shadows at once, aim for the healthiest one first.