The Purple Gem is a type of gem that has been added in Gemcraft Chapter 1.
Effect in Tower:
- Gemcraft 1 - Chance of lowering target armor by 1 point.
- Gemcraft 0 - Chance of lowering target armor by 1 point.
- Gemcraft Labyrinth - Reduces the targets armor by a value (e.g 0.7, 2, 1.5, etc.)
- Gemcraft Chasing Shadows - Same as Labyrinth.
Effect in Trap:
- Gemcraft 0 - Chance of lowering target armor by 3 points.
- Gemcraft Labyrinth - Reduces the targets armor by a value, but in a trap, the value is higher.
- Gemcraft Chasing Shadows - Same as Labyrinth
Purple gems should be used on monsters with high defense (e.g Armored Waves, Shadows, Heavily Angered waves, etc.)
Gemcraft Chapter 1Edit
- In Gemcraft Chapter 1, the purple gems have a basic function - they deal some damage, while having a chance of lowering the targets armor by 1
Gemcraft Chapter 0Edit
- In Gemcraft Chapter 0, the purple gems in towers have the exact same function as in Chapter 1, but in traps they maintain the % (Not if you upgrade Trap Specials, as with this the % also increases) and decreases armor to 3
- In Gemcraft Labyrinth, the purple gems have changed a bit. Instead of the gems having a chance to reduce armor, now they have a certain chance to reduce armor, even if it is decimal. EXAMPLE BELOW!
So let us assume that with each hit, the monster's armor drops by 0.7.
- 1 Hit - 0.7 - 0 armor points reduced Now it's all good with the power of
- 2 Hits - 1.4 - 1 armor point reduced rounding; everything is a bit more exact!
- 3 Hits - 2.1 - 2 armor points reduced
- 4 Hits - 2.8 - 2 armor points reduced
- 5 Hits - 3.5 - 3 armor points reduced
- 10 Hits - 7 - 7 armor points reduced
- 25 Hits - 17.5 - 17 armor points reduced
- 50 Hits - 35 - 35 armor points reduced
Gemcraft Chapter 2Edit
The purple gem has the same attributes as the purple gem in Gemcraft Labyrinth.
- You can defeat shadows without the purple gem; you just need lots and lots of power!
- Purple Gems shoot faster than any other gem.
- Very useful in early-mid game on Chasing Shadows (Specially on non-pouch players)