Gemcraft Chapter 2Edit
Specters are flying attacking creatures, along with Spires and Shadows. They are magenta in color, and travel towards the most valuable gem on the field. If you unsocket the respective gem, it will go to the next gem with the highest mana value. It is unknown how they choose gems that are tied for highest value(probably they reach for the closest gem of highest value). You need to kill the remaining specters to complete the field. They award XP, Shadow Cores and Mana upon destruction.
- Specters has the max same mana limit as the Apparitions: 99999.
- Be careful when unsocketing a gem, and which gem to unsocket, as specters steal the highest graded gem.
- Specters can also be killed with gem bombs and shrines, but not with traps.
- Specters' health grows with the monsters', reaching enormous amounts in later levels.
- You can't finish a field until all specters are killed.
- Specters can be frozen using said spell. Use this spell and a gem enchantment spell to take them down quickly.
- You can score "Don't Touch my Gems!" achievement by killing a Specter, and "Gem Lust" achievement by killing two Specters in one battle. There is also an achievement "I Told You..." awarded by killing a Specter that carries a gem. The other achievements involving Specters are "Not So Fast"(unlocked by freezing a Specter) and Multikill(kill one Shadow, one Spire and one Specter in one battle).